Thursday, February 10, 2011

So It Begins

After five years of being together, and almost two of marraige, Heather and I have started planning our dream trip to Europe. We are planning to back pack about 10 countries in six weeks. We're just now in the very basic planning stages, so our itenerary is still up for debate.

Originally we were insane and planned on going to or through 18 countries! Eek! That makes my head spin just thinking about logistics. Now I think 8-10 is more realistic. We've both been to France already so that's nice, too many places we'd want to see otherwise.

Currently our top countries are: Germany, Spain, Italy, Greece, Netheralands, Denmark, Switzerland, Belgium, Austria and France.

I plan on keeping this blog to outline the ridiculous amounts of planning and of course all of the fun once we get to Europe. I hope you follow me through the journey! And by all means, if you've back packed Europe, traveled on Eurail, or have any other insights into a great Europe vacation I'd love to hear from you!

Safe Travels,
- Kit



We had the Eurail map blown up and laminated so we could get a clear image of possible routes. Looks kind of awesome in the bedroom :P

7 months, 6 days until Departure.

No comments:

Post a Comment