Sunday, August 21, 2011

28 days and counting!

Well we're in the homestretch! Only 28 days until we depart to Madrid! Its so exciting that it's so close!

We are in the final stages of planning. We are figuring out what trains need reservations, what attractions we could get tickets in advance and so forth.

With less than a month until our great adventure its easy to start stressing over the little details. It seems like there are so many things we still need to do to maximize the ease of our trip.

I guess its normal to fret before a big trip. I have been having bizarre dreams the last week or so about stupid things like forgetting my passport or not remembering to have someone take care of our pets while we're away. Its ridiculous.

All in all, I am unexplainably excited! This is truly going to be the trip of a lifetime. I'm so excited that Heather and I get to take this trip together.

Its funny because when we tell people about our trip their first reaction is usually "BY YOURSELVES!?" And I guess for most early 20-somethings a 6 week expedition across Europe with nothing but a backpack and a train pass would seem daunting. But Heather and I share a love of travle and our Anthropology backgrounds make us interested in visiting other cultures. I actually feel really proud to be taking this trip. We have been planning and saving for abnout 2 years and we are really making this happen. There is nothing sadder to me than people who talk about traveling but never do. People use so many excuses, but when it comes down to it...the only thing holding you back is yourself. Its not like we had the money to do this, but we saved. We will have some struggles when we get back and have been unemployed for 6 weeks, but we'll overcome. I already have a job lined up upon our return! Its all about planning.

Actually, we have already started discussions about our next great adventure. Looks like 2017 we'll be going on a tour of the UK. Why 2017? Because that is the year that Harry Potter's kids will embark to their first year at Hogwarts. So there is a massive gathering planned at Platform 9 3/4 at King's Cross. :) in the meantime we want to go to Orlando (Wizading World of Harry Potter), Hollywood, the Grand Canyon, Washington DC and possible Cancun.

All I'm saying is, life is too short NOT to travel!!

Safe Travels,
- Kit

No comments:

Post a Comment